+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DYNOFLO PERFORMANCE..... BIG THUMBS DOWN

Power Wheel Racer

I KNOW THIS IS LONG BUT IT HAS STORIES ABOUT BAD PERSONAL EXPERIENCES THAT I THINK NEED TO BE SHARED...

Jason, a buddy of mine went down there and bought about $1000 worth of parts from Scott at dynoflo. After some more researching he decided to take a different route and buy a complete longblock. So he went to go return the stuff and get his money back. Much to his surprise down at the bottom in small print it lists that every part has a 20% restocking fee. So upon trying to return all his parts Scott told him about it and Jason got a little upset. Now don't get me wrong I have seen it before but most the time it states that the parts can be subjected to a 20% restocking fee if returned. You treat every case a little different. It is understandalbe if somebody buys a part that wasn't in stock and needed to be ordered and then returned it I would understand. These were all parts that were stocked on the shelves and didn't have to be special ordered.

Scotts only reply was if I don't charge you the 20% then I have to let everybody off the hook. Doing what every normal person would do Jason tried to reason with him at first and tell him that these were all parts that were in stock and were not special ordered so he should be cut a little slack (He wasn't asking to be off the hook just a break). Scott still stood firm on his previous comment.

Jason had discussed with him earilier about purchasing a built 421 when he purchased the parts originally and ran some numbers with him briefly not extensive or anything. Then during their conversation the day of the return (today) Scott mentions that if he purchases the built 421 from him for $7500 he would oversee the restocking fee. After some going back and fourth and sharing some comments. Jason pretty much told him if that is how he wants to run his business then he doesn't want to do any transactions with DYNOFLO performance.

This is just the one instance that puts the icing on the cake for me. I am sick and tired of this guy screwing people.

Unfortunetly I had the displeasure of dealing with scott as well. I had him build a 347 for me about 4 years ago. I was a virgin to the racing game and just wanted to go fast no matter what the cost was. I blew a head gasket on my old 89 GT and wanted to upgrade instead of just replacing stock parts. I left it all up to him and researched little here and there but not much (yeah yeah I know, Stupid!!! But hey live and learn) He quoted me $5000 for everything installed. This package included using the stock block not an after market block Porting the stock heads, a trickflow intake, pushrods all the misc goodies that would have probably added up to about $2500 in parts. Well I had already started the job for him. I had torn down the whole top end of the motor. But he told me that wouldn't reflect the price at all. Because sometimes it can be more difficult to work on because they didn't take it apart.

After discussing the package I was purchasing with some friends they opened my eyes up to the fact that he was going to just port the stock heads. Now if you aren't really in tune with the Mustang E7 heads, porting them to go on a 347 would be the equivelent of putting one of those e-bay Electric superchargers on a 800hp Big Block. So I told him I wanted to go a different route, he found me a used set of Windsor Srs and had them worked on, for an additional cost of $1000 (again young and stupid I know). After 3 months of the run around after the project had begun I was finally able to drive my car. I received it back and got to drive it for a total of a week before the oil pump took a $h!t in the car. I took it back to him and he said he had never seen this happen before and he would replace it. So I get it back 2 1/2 weeks later (obviously wasn't on his top priority list to make a customer that just spent $6000 happy) I drove the car another week after getting it back before another oil pump seized. A little more frustrated this time I am starting to kind of question how this is happening and his only reply was these things happen sometimes. You bend pushrods sometimes, you bend valves sometimes you don't BREAK 2 oil pumpshafts in a row. But again he agreed to fix it. This time a speed record for them a week and a half. I get the car back and it runs for about 3 weeks then it starts to run hot and boil over. It popped a head gasket, now a little upset I go down there with my dad. Needless to say we got somewhere. At first he wanted to charge me like $600 to do headgaskets. After my dad had a little chat with him he agreed to do it for $400 all said and done. I get the car back and 3 weeks later bam oil pump shaft broke again. I heard from a local builder that used to build Ford shortblocks in town, Scott asked a friend to ask him if this has ever happened to him before. After he found out that he just f??ked up the motor thats all he finally gave up and just rebuilt it again. Almost 4 months through a fiasco and $6500 I finally had a car that i could drive. I owned the car for about 4 months before it started smoking like a chimney. I decided to sell the car to go with a newer car. Long story short when I tried to sell the car it got stolen. I just sold the motor out of it to a friend. He ended up pulling the heads off the car to get them worked on. The Ports on the heads were all different sizes, the valve guides were all shot, the machinest that worked on hte a heads after Scott said it looked like Ray Charles had ported them. Also the lower intake had been cut down about 1/2 inch due to the heads being decked about 40 times it was just a mess.

I am sorry this is so long but I want you to know that this isn't the only instance that this guy has screwed somebody. He screwed up another friend of mine Robs motor. And if you want to go back to the roots just ask RC about his problems with DynoFlo. I just want people to realize how this guy likes to run his operation. And maybe next time you are thinking about purcahsing a Big part (example, motor, heads, intake etc...) from him you may want to reconsider dealing with him. This guy is a good salesmen but a horrible guy. He will tell you what you want to hear and then go back on everything he said. Just don't make the same mistake that me and my friends have made and don't deal with them.

Thanks,
    Ross
    98 SVT Contour | Daily driver

03 Cobra | race car

Sportsman Racer

thats f??ked up,but $h!t happans
    look stock, go fast
    LDL speed shop
    "2deepracing"

Damn ross that sucks... I hope Jason and Rob get their cars running again soon...

Pro Championship Racer

$h!tty story and I'll definitely keep that in mind. I'm also moving this into the Garage Talk since it's not exactly an introduction.

Go Kart Racer

damn thats fuking crazy if i was you i would fuking jump that foo
    got sand?

I'd love to comment, but I haven't done any business with dynoflo.
    I think we have met before, (if you are the Ross I am thinking of).

Power Wheel Racer

Originally posted by Rowdy@Dec 9 2004, 05:30 PM
    I'd love to comment, but I haven't done any business with dynoflo.
    I think we have met before, (if you are the Ross I am thinking of).
    [snapback]56645[/snapback]
    Not too many Ross' here in town. I own the Sonic Blue 03
    98 SVT Contour | Daily driver

03 Cobra | race car

Perhaps not then, if you had a black T/A before - then yea.

Soap Box Racer

Well being a shop owner I can understand your fustration, but the restocking thing I have to stand behind the shops policy, when you spend time talking to a customer, paperwork, pulling items out of invetory then need to return them into invetory just take more time to do, so a restocking fee is nessary to pay for the cost for the time needed to redo all of this work, poor planning on your friends part and not being sure of what he wanted costed him money and time as well as the shop.
    Now the motor is another story any motor that is put together should last as long a a factory motor ( unless it was used for racing, which has no warranty) But anytime you get one head porter comparing another mans port work they are hardly never going to give props to their competition.
    There is always two sides to every story. Good luck with your new choice of supplier for your performance shop and remember to do your home work before any purchase and everything will be fine.
    Frisbee's Racing Albuquerque New Mexico USA
    1992 Prelude Si 400whp@350tq
    best time 13.1@114mph @5500ft altitude
    1991 Toyota Supra 580hp@617tq
    best time 11.80@117mph

Sportsman Racer

Originally posted by Rowdy@Dec 9 2004, 06:58 PM
    Perhaps not then, if you had a black T/A before - then yea.
    [snapback]56674[/snapback]

naw..he never owned a T/A. many a ford, but never a chebby
    99 Cobra
    1397 of 4040

www.silverstatestangs.com

Matchbox Racer

i would have to agree. i see there needs to be significant change. slander is not always good because we know who most of you are, really i try my best to cater to everyone even trev tech when assistance is need as rare an occasion as it may be. there are a couple more guys here than scot. i hired them specifically to cater to you, if theres an issue address it immediately . scot essentially makes the executive decision here but i have the ability to overturn most issues. since i've gone to part time the minor existing issues seem to growing larger and i understand there are problems. send me an email we'll see what we can do about fixing things. regarding the restock fee, there is not much that can be done it is buisness. regarding your exisiting motors i know nothing about them i'm sure scot does, i'll let him know of your disapproval. given the same situation i would be upset to say the least. i know for a fact that a couple of us here have made the attempt to offer a bit of assistance but was refused because everyone seems to want to deal with scot. for most of us there aren't many options here in town and i'm sure everyone can agree even the parts are a deal, i work specifically to make it that way. if thats all you want you can have it that way, your chioce. we supply a great number of shops here in town and we offer the same price to most eveyone that walks through the front door which is more than i can say for other places. as i said before send me an email with a serious issue and i'll do my best to resolve it. this will be my only message on this board, thanks for letting us at least make an attempt to address ourselves
    thanks
    Keith dynoflo2@msn.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information